Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Kitchen & The Haircut

There's been a gaping whole in my life, err, kitchen recently.
I was sitting on the couch late last week relaxing when I heard a strange sound. I turned the volume on the TV down and looked at Aiden's monitor (he was napping) to see if the sound I heard was coming from Aiden's room. Nope.

"What the heck is that?!" I thought to myself as I stood up and looked around our downstairs. And then I saw it. The keypad on our microwave was going crazy. I went over and pressed the "clear" button. The sound stopped and I walked away wondering why my microwave was acting up, but thankful that it seemed like a freak thing. As soon as I sat back down on the sofa it started again.

"What?!?!" I really didn't understand what was happening. This time the clear button didn't work. I had to climb up on a chair and unplug the microwave.

This went on for a while, me naively thinking each time that somehow I fixed it. Unfortunately this was not the case. Our microwave---our THREE YEAR OLD microwave--was dead. Fixing it would cost more than a new one, so the microwave research began.

Our old over the range microwave was a GE, but after my research I found that this was a common thing with GE microwaves and we made a vow to never purchase a GE product again.

After a day and half of not having a microwave, I was lost. I use it so often, especially for heating things for Aiden. So, Adam and I made a decision and went out and bought a new one. I wish that was the end of that story, but it wasn't until two microwaves later that my kitchen was back to normal. The first one we bought was broken right out of the box. The second was perfect. I loved it, but the digital display was blue. My stove's is green. I couldn't stand the mismatched colors, so back it went.

We FINALLY found one that worked for us and guess who installed it? Yup, me! :)



No more microwave! :(


Finally installed!!




On a happier note, my little man got his first haircut this past weekend! I loved his hair the way it was, all cute, curly, and whispy, but I was also tired of people thinking he was a girl. My mom came down to visit for the weekend so while she was here I asked her to put her haircutting skills to work. We both agreed that she'd just take off the bulk of it. Afterall, I didn't want my baby boy to look too grown up!

Pre haircut--look at all of that hair!



Pre haircut--notice all of the curls/bulk on the sides?




I just got my haircut for the first time! Hooray!




Do you like my new 'do'?



Have a good week!


No comments: