Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Home Improvements

I spent some time doing more home improvements this past week. I'm making the most of having the summer off of work because once school starts again most of my ideas will go on the back burner for awhile. Here's a look at Monday and Wednesday of this past week:
Monday:

I decided to paint our master bathroom on Monday. I had the paint for a week or two before I used it, but I didn't have the time to paint being that I was involved in other things and I spent a week in Florida. The color we chose is called Cincinnatian Hotel Abbey which is a light blue. I think it may be hard to appreciate it in the pictures but I'll post them anyway.
Before



After




Wednesday:

I've been looking for something interesting to put over our bed for some time now and while I was browsing in Linens-N-Things last Wednesday I found it! They had a great selection of sayings/quotes for every room of the house. The letters are made of vinyl--they're easy to apply and easy to remove. Best of all, when applied it looks hand painted!

Here's the one I chose for our bedroom:


If you're interested, I found this on a spinning rack in the framed art department. The company makes quotes for the bedroom, bathroom, baby's room (boy and girl), teen's room (boy and girl), and general quotes for anywhere in the home as well. The letters come in white, black, and brown.

Postings on Disney World and our trip to NJ (which is where I am now) coming soon...

4 comments:

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

Hey girl! I miss you so much! Come back soon from Jersey! Love the pix!

Bess said...

It looks great!!!

And wait...you are in NJ? (Not that I could see you...I'm limited to within 1 hour's driving distance.) :( Hope you are having a great time, and can't wait to hear more about Disney!!!!!

Sherry said...

Very cool! I have been looking for something for my scrapbooking space. Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Busy beaver, huh? We're in the process of home improvements too. Yuck, I'm just ready to be SETTLED! Your home looks great and I love the quote above your bed!