Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ready for a Break

Praise the Lord! Summer vacation is finally here! Yesterday was the last day of school for students and Friday is my last work day until August 19th. It has been a long school year and I am so excited about this break. My husband asked me yesterday what I was planning on doing with my time this summer and I came up with a few things that I have been wanting to do in our house such as paint, clean closets, etc. Then I added to my list saying that I wanted to start a blog, so here it is!

So I guess I should introduce myself to those of you who are just visiting and maybe those of you who do know me will learn something new.

My husband, Adam, and I got married in November of 2005 and we have been happily making our journey through life together since. People still call us newlyweds, but I remember a few years ago my sister-in-law saying that you are only considered newlyweds for two years or until the first baby, whichever comes first. Well, we don't have children but it's been over two and a half years since that wonderful November day, so I guess we're not really newlyweds anymore.

Time sure has flown by! When we got married Adam was only a few weeks from his college graduation, I was a waitress and hating it, and we were living in a cramped one bedroom apartment. Since then we've moved twice, bought our first house, and we are both working in successful careers--Adam is in sales and I am a high school teacher. The Lord sure has blessed us! Life is good.

Adam and I come from very different families--mine from the north, his from the south. It's funny to see generational differences in the way that the younger generation views the north/south divide vs. the way older generations see it. It is a non issue with my Adam and me. We joke of course, but we can--we know each other inside and out, what's joking and what is not. Besides, he turns more northern everyday!

Joking, joking...

There are more differences than north/ south when it comes to our families but that is part of what makes marriage interesting! Since my family is all in the north east and his live an hour away (seemingly a long drive for them) we mostly just live in our own little world, surrounding ourselves with local people we love! We have made some wonderful friends in this southern city we call home, and I'm sure I will be posting stories and pictures about them (as well as our families) in the future.

For now, just know that this is a place where you'll find what makes me laugh, cry and everything in between. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Bess said...

Wooohooo! I get to be the very first person to leave a comment on your blog! Take that, world! :)

I look forward to seeing your updates and catching up a bit more regularly...now for some pictures! :)