Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slip and Slide

For the past few weeks I have been telling Adam that I want to get a Slip and Slide for the back yard--man has it been HOT! Yes, I know that it is not really intended for adults, but come on! Slip and Slide rules!

I mentioned to my friend and co-worker, Angela, that I wanted to get one and, despite her making fun of me, she bought one for me! She left the box in the main office with a note on it that read, "Mrs. L., Have a slip sliding summer." Thanks, Angela!

Here are some photos of our friends, Megan & Brent, Adam, and me using the Slip and Slide last night in my back yard. Brent was the first to take a running leap and as you can see by the pictures, he got pretty adventurous with his technique! Adam was next to go. He looked like he was sliding in to home plate. Megan and I were a little hesitant at first. As excited as we were to join in on the fun, we suddenly realized that we are a lot higher off the ground than we were back in the day. But of course we did it anyway. Oh, man was the ground hard! We all suffered a few "battle scars" as we called them. Adam scraped his chest, Brent cut his knee, and Megan and I both hurt and bruised our right elbows. I also bruised my knee. We had so much fun despite beating ourselves up pretty badly. As my mom said to me today, "Hey, you're not eight anymore." Thanks, Mom.
And thanks to Megan for taking and sharing these photos!

2 comments:

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

I love what your mom said... :-D hahah, it was fun, let's do it again, but with knee and elbow pads. But seriously, I still want to try it out at my parents' house on their smallish hill.

Bess said...

You might not be eight anymore, but hey...no one said you couldn't pretend and still have some fun! :o)