Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Am I a bad mommy (to be) already?

My friend, Beth, brought to my attention that I haven't posted anything about my pre-natal appointments! Yes, I have been procrastinating (which is something I do quite well) because I haven't scanned the ultrasound in to my computer yet, but here it goes.

We went to our first appointment in November. At the time I was 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I surprised that the very first thing that they did was an ultrasound! Of all the times in my life that I imagined going to my first appointment as a pregnant woman, I always pictured that I would go in, pee in a cup, get blood work and wait for the "official" results before the appointment went any further. Nope. Not how it went. I'm not complaining--I loved getting to the best part of the appointment right away! Adam and I loved seeing our little June Bug on the screen. Although at the time it looked like a bean. :)

June Bug- 8 wks 1 day Gestation
(picture coming)
We just went to our second appointment on Wednesday, December 10th. (12 weeks gestation) Adam came with me again because we wanted to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time together. The appointment was very short, especially compared to how long I was there the first time, but we did get to hear the heart beat--160. According to the old wives tale, the higher heart rate (I read the heart rate is usually between 120-160) indicates it's a girl, which is funny because my family is convinced it IS a girl. I guess we'll see in February when we have our next ultra sound!
Take a look at the pole on the right side of the page--before you leave tell us what you think we're having! (Yes, we know it's a baby...)

2 comments:

Bess said...

Ha! I'm just a nag...ignore me. :o)

Hey, we are up and running on a desktop now...yippee!!!

Pretty in Pink said...

Yay, I love baby updates