Monday, December 8, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Well, I've been gone for a while, but give me a break... I'm pregnant, tired, it's the holiday season and I'm a teacher. Need I say more? :)
Speaking of tired, I could really tell that my exhaustion has gotten the best of me this past week. Every year I am SO EXCITED to get our Christmas tree--we pick it out, string the lights and decorate it all in the same day. This year was MUCH different. We got the tree on Monday and put it in the stand. After that I became a piece of the furniture for the rest of the evening. Tuesday night is Bible study so no tree time. The rest of the week Adam had a church commitment so: Wednesday I managed to put the lights on the tree. I could do no more. Thursday I donned the tree with 10-15 ornaments; after that I was disinterested. Friday night? Same. We FINALLY finished decorating the tree together on Saturday morning. Whew. It looks pretty good but I threw out my wire garland last year and I never went out to buy more this year. I seems like a waste of time at this point! (We'll be in NJ from 12/20-12/27 or 28...an entire week of not seeing the tree anyway)

Here is the before and after shot of the tree. I'll have to take a picture of it decorated in the daylight, too.

Just got the tree in the stand!
Finally complete 5 days later!


Have an excellent week! Oh, and we have our 3 month appointment on Wednesday. Pray that all is well with our June Bug! :)

1 comment:

Bess said...

Beautiful tree!

And what was the outcome of the appointment? When's the first ultrasound?? Pictures of June Bug??? (Am I asking too much too soon?) ;o)