Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Catch Up and Happy New Year!

Hello everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted. Adam and I left our house on December 20th and went up to NJ for Christmas. We stopped in Washington DC on the way up--we spent the day walking around the National Mall area and then spent the night--and we got to NJ on Sunday afternoon. We had a very nice Christmas with my family and we even spent the 26th exploring the historic part of Philly with my parents.

We headed home on Sunday morning (the 28th) and spent 11+ grueling hours in the car...yuck! We hit a ton of traffic, mostly in the Baltimore and DC areas. No surprise there.

Now here it is, the last day of the year. I can't believe it! It really is true that time goes by faster the older you get. It's kind of scary!

Sometimes I feels like it will take FOREVER for June to get here so we can meet our little June Bug, and other times I surprised by how quickly my pregnancy is going; I can't believe I'm almost done with my fourth month! (By the way, my next appointment is Jan. 7th.)

So, with this new year that's upon us, I think we could all use this reminder. Slow down.

We get so caught up in things that don't matter that we forget to appreciate the things that do, don't we? I know I do.

Now, I won't make any New Year's Resolution, mostly because I think they are pointless, but when life gets hectic and I'm wishing for the day, week, or month to be over with I'll try to remind myself to slow down. I hope you'll do the same.

Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

Bess said...

Love the reminder! :) And loved seeing you guys...miss you!

Pretty in Pink said...

Happy New Year lady!!! I want to see an ultrasound pic