Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back from vacation!




We're ba-aaack!
Adam, Aiden and I spent nine glorious days in FL and boy am I tired! Why is it that so many of us seem to need a vacation after our vacation?! Here's how our trip went from beginning to end:


Adam dropped Aiden and me off at the airport a week ago Monday. I was so nervous to fly with the boy but he was soooo good. (I really should give him more credit!) Adam joined us in FL on Tuesday evening and we had a few beautiful days at the beach and the pool, getting sun, having fun in the water, and just relaxing.



Beach bum! Notice the bottle...he just fed Aiden


Having fun with Grammy



The boy LOVES the water...He kept licking the salt off of his hands and fingers. It was hysterical! And a little gross...





Beautiful Vanderbilt Beach in Naples, FL





He was obsessed with my Mom's beach hat





We celebrated my 30th birthday with my parents while we were in Fort Myers and Adam and I even had the chance to go on a date on Friday night, which was so fun, and so very needed! We went on a sunset dolphin cruise and then out to a late dinner at Bahama Breeze (yum!).



On the cruise






Manatee Zone




A $12 million house on the water....just gorgeous!






Beautiful sunset



On Sunday, after Adam left, I called him to let him know that he forgot our pillows and I wasn't able to fit them in my suitcase. He hadn't gone far and he was backtracking to get them, but it was getting late and since he had a 12 hour drive ahead of him, he decided that he'd stay in a hotel that night instead of driving straight through. To make a long story short, we decided that Aiden and I would go with Adam instead of flying home the next day and we'd go to Disney World on the way back, extending our vacation by a couple of days. What an unexpected treat! :)







Mommy and Aiden on Main Street, USA

Daddy and Aiden on Main Street, USA



Cinderella's Castle...it never gets old! :)


I think we have some video of Aiden in the water and at Disney but I'm still tired from spending 3 full days at Disney plus the looooong drive home. Sorry for the short commentary, but this is one tired Momma!


No comments: