Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My first Mother's Day

This past Sunday was such a sweet day for me...It was my first Mother's Day! My Mother's Day celebration actually started on Saturday. Adam went to a childhood friend's wedding in Wake Forest, NC (I didn't go because we didn't have anyone to watch Aiden and the wedding started too late to bring him) so Aiden and I went to Portrait Innovations to get our picture taken together. While we were waiting for our pictures to be printed we went on our first solo dinner date together. This is how I described it to Adam via text message that night:

Me: "Aiden and I went to Jason's Deli on a date."
Adam: "Did he pay?"

Me: "No, I paid...and he flirted with other women throughout dinner..."

Adam: "That's not very gentleman like!"


Here's the pictures that Aiden and I took together:



My actual Mother's Day (Sunday) was a very nice, relaxing family day. It started off with me receiving a beautiful ring from Adam and Aiden (if you look closely at the front side it says "MOM").
Our afternoon plans were to go to Firebird's for a late lunch and then we wanted to head over to Adventure Landing to play mini-golf, but we have a baby, so those plans didn't exactly pan out. We got to Firebirds around 2:45, thinking we'd go at a time when it wouldn't be as busy, but there was still a 45 minute wait--not happening with a 10 month old. We wound up eating at Five Guys instead. Then on our way over to Adventure Landing Aiden fell asleep. Needless to say we didn't play mini-golf! Instead we went over to Lowe's and Adam sat with Aiden in the card while I bought some hanging baskets for the shepards hook I bought for my backyard.

No, it wasn't what we planned but it was a wonderful day. I am indeed beyond blessed to be a mother.

No comments: