Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday (One day late...)

I haven't been quite the domestic diva that I would like to be lately...I've been feeling kind of blah, and when I get like that I don't want to do more than I HAVE to do (being that I'm the mommy of a 10 and 1/2 month old boy, there's plenty I have to do...). I need to get out of this slump of quick dinners and spotty housekeeping...

I really do like to cook, but this past week I can't seems to motivate myself.

So, in honor of needing to give myself a swift quick in the pants, here's a recipe that gets rave reviews everytime I make it:

Tuscan Beef Soup:

1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained (ground Italian Sausage would also be fab with this!)
2 carrots, chopped
2 potatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cans, (14.5 oz each) beef broth
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/2 cups water
1 can (15oz) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup chopped unpeeled zucchini
1 cup frozen cut green beans, partially thawed
2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
Shredded Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients, except kidney beans, zucchini, green beans, parsley, and grated cheese in a pot. Stir well, cook until potatoes are almost cooked through then stir in kidney beans, zucchini, green beans, and parsley. Cook until all ingredients are hot.

Garnish with grated cheese and extra parsley.

Tip:

This can also be made in your slow cooker! Use your "soup" preset (or cook on low for 6 hours) and then add the remaining ingredients and switch to high for one more hour. (7 hours total)

No comments: