Monday, October 13, 2008

The Dixie Classic Fair

OK, so I wrote this last week and I forgot to post it--Life is busy! :)

On October 8th Adam and I headed over to Winston-Salem's yearly claim to fame--The Dixie Classic Fair. It's held on Winston-Salem's fairgrouds, right across from Wake Forest's football stadium. I've never been to the state fair in Raleigh, but I can't imagine that it is any bigger than the Dixie Classic Fair--it's that big.

Our local radio station, WBFJ, hosted a FREE concert at the fair on Wednesday and Adam and I were excited to see Josh Wilson, Mandisa, and Matthew West live. In addition, we were able to get into the fair free by bringing 10 Lowe's Foods brand cans of food. What a deal! (A savings of $16!) It was a bit rainy when we got there, but the grand stand was covered and once the concert got started we forgot all about the rain. The rain subsided by the time that Matthew West sang his last song and we were able to walk around and get our fix of fair food--elephant ears and ice cream. Yum! We didn't get to see the Swifty Swine Racing & Swimming Pigs which was a disappointment, but there's always next year.

MANDISA




MATTHEW WEST



On a seperate note, Adam and I are doing well. Nothing new is going on in our lives, we're just busy with work, church, and life in general. My life is extra busy this year because I am the Yearbook Advisor. What a job! I mean that in everyway you can make it sound... At times I love it, at times I hate it, but anyway I look at it, it has added extra stress to my life!

Oh, while I'm rambling here, let me just say to my friends and family in New Jersey that we will be in NJ for about a week at Christmas and we hope that we will be able to see all of you! I don't get to get up to NJ as much as I'd like and that makes me sad at times, but that's the brakes I guess. Being a teacher you'd think I would have more time to get away, but in the past year or so my get aways have been to other places leaving no time or money for good old Jersey.

Of course my NC friends know that I'm from NJ, but I don't think I've ever pointed out on a map exactly where I'm from. So, here it is--Jersey. If you find Barnegat Light on the island (Long Beach Island) off the coast and then move your eye straight along the water to the mainland you'll see the area in which I grew up, Barnegat. It's not labeled on the map, but it's there. A seaside town with a quiant downtown. All the buildings downtown are historic; the church Adam and I got married in is one of these historic buildings. Every time I go back to Barnegat something is new and different. I'm not sure that I would necissarily live in Barnegat today, I like living in a bigger city, but I love it. I'll always love it. When I'm there it still feels like home.



Ok, now for my New Jersey (& PA) family and friends. Let me intice you to come down and visit me by showing and telling you about where I live: Winston-Salem, NC.




That's all for now. Have a good week!




No comments: