Thursday, June 4, 2009

I've been a bad girl & Oh, baby!

Ok, so I've ignored my blog for MONTHS now, but I do have a good excuse! I couldn't take maintaining another thing in my life for the past 5 months or so. First of all, I'm pregnant, which means that as each month has passed by I've been more fatigued and swollen and the combination of these things had made me put the unnecessary things in my life on the back burner. Second, I served as my school's yearbook adviser this year and let's just say it was a thankless, stressful, WAY UNDERPAID, responsibility that I both loved and hated at the same time. Stressful deadlines + pregnancy did not work well for me.

Needless to say, those two things in conjunction with preparing for the baby--getting the nursery together (which is still not done, by the way), attending birthing classes and breastfeeding classes, and enjoying the time I had at each of my four baby showers (what a blessing!) as left me with zero energy and very little time to do much of anything else.

That being said, I'm back. My little boy is due in 22 days and I am feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Ok, a lot overwhelmed lately. I'm still working and although school is out for the summer next Friday and things are winding down, this is still a very stressful time for teachers, especially teachers who are 3 weeks away from giving birth! I'm in the process of cleaning out my classroom and getting grades done. I want to be able to walk out of here with the students and not look back!

I'm stressed out at home, too. I have such an overwhelming desire to "nest" but that desire is being thwarted by work, exhaustion, and my swollen elephant feet--they hurt! I do little things here and there but I so desperately want to be at home from now until the baby comes, preparing for his arrival. I want to clean my house, wash his baby things, and reorganize things that have been driving me crazy, like my laundry room and a certain kitchen cabinet. I need to clean out my freezer and make room for the yummy things my mom will make and freeze for me when she and my dad come down to see the baby. And speaking of mom and dad coming down, I need to clean the guest room which has become the place where things go lately when I don't know where to put them. I need to pack my hospital bag, find a pediatrician for the baby (hopefully, this will be taken care of by tonight), and pick a paint color for the baby's room. Do I need to go on? I'm sure I could, but I'm getting stressed just by making this list!

I know that this stress will soon pass, I just wish it would be over with sooner than later.

I promise to be a better blogger from now on--Lord knows I'll have plenty to blog about in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Bess said...

:( I so wish I lived nearby and could come clean your house! I'm praying for a safe, healthy delivery!!! Can't wait to meet the little man! :)