Thursday, June 18, 2009

Junebug Update!

I went for my weekly OB appointment this morning, which included an ultrasound of my little guy, and we were given some pretty surprising information!!

After taking measurements of Junebug's head, belly, and femur, the ultra sound technician said that he weighs around 9lbs 3oz, to which I responded with, "WHAT?!?" I couldn't, and still can't, believe it. He's huge. Now, I know that these things are just a guesstimate, but holy cow, this kid is huge. I'm hoping and praying that he'll really only be 8 something.

Oh, and here's the really interesting part. Because of JB's size and due to my high blood pressure as of late, I will be induced on Tuesday! We have to check in to the hospital at 4:30 am...goodness. We're excited, but I'm also hating that I'll be pumped up with pitocin. So, please pray that this induction goes quickly and smoothly and most of all, please pray that I will not have to have a C-section.

Soon I'll be blogging about my baby boy! I'll be sure to post pics before the end of next week. :)

1 comment:

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

Yippee Skippee...ever since you called me yesterday with the big news, it's all I can think about. I've been praying for you that God would get your body prepared for this big event! He is always in control, not the doctors!