Sunday, April 11, 2010

A New Beginning

I thought that I would be able to do it all. A housekeeping, dinner-on-the-table-when-the-hubby-got-home, baby-whisperer, blogging mama. (wait, I hear a buzzer here...) Wrong!


I do do the housekeeping, but some days I would be mortified if someone stopped by my house unexpectedly. I get dinner on the table, but most days it waaaay after the hubby gets home from work. Baby whisperer? I'll admit that my little guy is easy going, but there are certainly times when I feel like I need some help. And then there's blogging. Yeah. Right.

I wanted to be the mom who blogged about her beautiful birth story (c-section!), the ups and downs of motherhood (can we say breastfeeding?!) and of life in general. I wanted to post the countless pictures of the baby (Ok, so I did...on Facebook...) and to use my blog as a release from the daily grind of being a stay at home mom (which I am so incredibly thankful for, but there are times when it gets a little monotonous.).

So, here I am blogging for the first time a full 9 1/2 months after the birth of my sweet boy. And why am I doing it? Because I trying to turn a new leaf. I'm reorganizing and restructuring my house, my priorities, the way that I take care of myself, and yes, my blog. I'm doing something for myself for a change. Something that makes me feel connected to myself and my life on a different level. Something that I can reflect on later on.

Here it is world. Is it always pretty? No. But it's my life on the lane... (pun intended)

2 comments:

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

Yay, glad you're back in action!! :) Love the blog design :)

Bess said...

Glad to have you back, too! :) I mised reading your writings!