Monday, April 26, 2010

Mr. Noodle

I've been watching a lot of PBS Kids lately. More than I thought I'd be watching with a 10 month old. No, we don't sit in front of the TV all day, but our morning consists of floor play while we watch (some of) Sesame Street, Curious George, or (sometimes) Martha Speaks. I usually DVR one or more of these shows so that we can watch them later in the day, but we always watch one thing: Elmo's World. The boy loves his Elmo!

Now, Elmo is cute and I can see why so many kids love him, but I think the real star of the show is Mr. Noodle. (Not so much Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle, but I do like when they are both on at the same time.) Why this affection for Mr. Noodle, you ask? I don't know if I can narrow it down to one reason. I just know that he makes me laugh and, in some ways, he reminds me of my dad. Scary, I know, but if you know my dad you can probably understand why.

So, here's to you, Mr. Noodle. You give this mommy a much needed laugh every morning. What else can a mommy ask for? :)

(This is the episode we saw this morning)

No comments: