Thursday, June 24, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

My sweet Aiden turned one year old today. I still can't believe it. It's been a YEAR. Really?!? Seriously....really?!?
I have to admit that I have been a little emotional about his birthday. I'm not sure if that's "normal" or not, but it has choked me up several times, however, nothing choked me up more than when Adam and I opened the door to Aiden's bedroom this morning to find our little cutie standing waiting for us!



Now, I realize that he's 1 and you'd think he would be a pro at that by now, but this was the very first time he has pulled himself up to stand in his crib. The fact that he did it for the first time on his birthday morning as we came in with balloons singing Happy Birthday simply brought me to tears. It's his birthday, but he gave us the gift of that special memory... so sweet!

After we got the birthday boy up and fed we headed out the door as a family to get Aiden's one year pictures done. I decided 6 months or so ago that I wanted to bring in a cake and balloons for his 1 year pictures and that's exactly what we did.

















After our photo session we headed home so the birthday boy could nap. After lunch we filled up Aiden's baby pool so that he could cool off on this 96 degree day. Adam and I had so much fun watching Aiden splash and play and try to swim like a big boy in a tiny pool. We even got some relief from the heat--we filled up Aiden's other pool and took turns sitting in it. Yup, we're making memories.

We spent the rest of the day trying to make Aiden feel special and loved... I guess besides the fact that his daddy wasn't working on a Thursday, it was a pretty ordinary day.

1 comment:

Bess said...

He was standing there! I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!!! :)