Thursday, April 22, 2010

Soon and very soon!

I know that age is just a number. You're only as old as you feel, right? (Good grief....that means some days I'm a 60 year old woman!) I will be turning 30 years old thirty days from today--May 21st. I'm not upset about it. I won't be ashamed to tell people my age. I won't be eternally 29. I just can't believe how quickly it came. It feels like my twenties went by in the blink of an eye.

I just realized something: The reason my twenties went by so quickly is because they were so much fun! Between college and really being out on my own in my early twenties, to meeting the man of my dreams and marrying at 25, to having a career where I truly felt I made a difference, to buying and decorating a house, and finally to having my life long dream of becoming a mother become a reality, I have lived a wonderful, blessed life.

Adam, Aiden, and I are heading down to Ft. Myers, FL for my birthday week. I know I'm not a kid anymore, but I still love the idea of making a fuss over the "big" birthdays. I wanted to do a cruise, but I had to accept that bringing a baby on a cruise probably wouldn't work. Instead, we are spending the week with my parents at their Florida home. (I'm also toying with the idea of having a themed 30th birthday party...)

I am very excited to get away--I haven't been anywhere (except NJ) since Aiden's been born--but I'm also nervous, too. Adam and I decided that it would be best for Aiden if Adam drove to FL so that we could bring the things we really need while we're away. (It also helps that we're saving money that way...) So, yes, I will flying with my little man all by myself. All. by. my. self. It gives me chills...

Yes, my Aiden is a good boy, but he's never flown before, so I guess what I most afraid of is the unknown. What if he poops mid-flight? Where am I supposed to change him? (The boy wants to be changed immeadiately!) What if he cries the entire time? What if we have a delay on the runway? All of this stresses me out...

But I am choosing to look on the bright side. I'm going on vacation...woo hoo! The flight is only two hours (only...ha!) and if worse comes to worse, I can just feed him puffs for two hours straight. :o)

So, I am embracing my thirties with excitement. I can't wait to see what wonderful experiences the Lord has in store for me! And I'll let you know how the flight goes...

2 comments:

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

I would be stressed out too over the flight situation. I'll ask my sister for her tips since Taylor flew LOTS of times her first year of life from Ohio to NC.

And the comment about eating Puffs for 2 hours...I'd do the same thing! :-D

Bess said...

Bring LOTS of snacks and favorite toys...and anything that you think might help him sleep. :) You can also bring a stroller and just check it in when you board the plane. You will be fine! :)